- Check out our new paper that sheds light on the potential involvement of calmodulin in Batten disease. See Publications page for more details.
- Congratulations to Elicia and Will on receiving their 2018 Chemistry Awards!
- Congrats to Meagan on receiving a travel award from the International Society for Neurochemistry to attend the NCL 2018 meeting in London, UK!
- Our paper entitled "Cln3 function is linked to osmoregulation in a Dictyostelium model of Batten disease" has been accepted for publication in BBA Molecular Basis of Disease! See Publications page for more details.
- Trent University News wrote a nice story about our recent funding from the Banting Research Foundation www.trentu.ca/news/story/21869
- Hot off the press! Our new paper entitled "Secretion and function of Cln5 during the early stages of Dictyostelium development" has been accepted for publication in BBA Molecular Cell Research. See Publications page for more details.
- We are excited to welcome Elicia Yap and William Kim into the lab. Elicia and William will be working on their Biochemistry and Molecular Biology research theses during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- We received some great news today. Our grant entitled "Using the social amoeba Dictyostelium discoideum to study neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis" has been funded by the Banting Research Foundation. We would like to thank the Foundation for their generous support of our work.
- Congratulations to Saby on placing 2nd in Trent University's 4th Annual Three Minute Paper (3MP) Competition. Saby did a great job describing how we use Dictyostelium to study Batten disease. You can read about the competition here: http://www.trentu.ca/newsevents/newsDetail.php?newsId=20
- Congratulations to Saby on being awarded an NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award for Summer 2018